AB&I hosts California Metals Coalition Quarterly Roundtable
August 24, 2017
AB&I Foundry recently hosted the Northern California quarterly roundtable on August 18. The California Metals Coalition (CMC) is a statewide trade association with members representing nearly all sectors of California’s metalworking industry. AB&I has been associated with the CMC since its inception.
Approximately 28 members from the local cast metal industry discussed the following topics:
- Cal-OSHA Indoor Heat rule making
- Air District (SCAQMD and BAAQMD) new proposed metal rules – James Simonelli
- $1M-$2M PAGA lawsuits for labor issues related to wages, meal and lunch breaks, etc. – James Simonelli
- Storm water lawsuits, permit requirements and update on city permits
- Extension on California’s Equipment Sales and Use Tax exemption
Special guest John Gioia, Contra Costa County Supervisor, discussed Regulation 11, Rule 18 – Reduction of Risk from Air Toxic Emissions. The Air District is developing this regulation to reduce health risks associated with toxic emissions from existing facilities. In preparation for this new rule, AB&I’s Mike Olvera, Monica Perez and Jimmy Dileo have gone through air modeling training (AERMOD and risk Analyst software programs) to learn how to conduct their own health risk assessments.