American R/D History
American R/D is now a product line of Kennedy Valve located in Elmira, New York
The Darling Pump Company in Williamsport, PA began back in 1900 and developed the first Rotating Disc Valve. In 1969, the company was purchased by the American Cast Iron Pipe Company and relocated to Birmingham, AL. American R/D began in 1997 in Danbury, CT with the purchase of the Rotating Disc Valve.
In 2006 McWane, Inc. acquired American R/D and it became an official member of the renowned McWane Valve and Hydrant Group in Anniston, AL. In 2013 American R/D moved to our plant in Elmira, NY and is now known as the Plant & Industrial Valve Group (PIV).
In addition to the Rotating Disc Gate Valve we market Butterfly Valves, Check Valves, Eccentric Plug Valves and Resilient Wedge Gate Valves through distributors and manufacturers' representatives in the United States, Clow Canada and McWane International in all other countries.